Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Article 10

10. “These are the choir windows I created for the Saint Stephan Church in Mainz. I was able to create 9 windows for the Church before I could create no more. The windows are blue and depict scenes from the Old Testament which demonstrate the commonalities between Christian and Jewish religions. I intended the works to be a contribution to Jewish-German reconciliation, which more or less saddened me because I myself fled from the German Nazis during the war. Nonetheless, I enjoyed creating the pieces and contributing to the church.”
"The Marc Chagall Windows - Review of St. Stephan's Church (Stephanskirche), Mainz, Germany - TripAdvisor." The Marc Chagall Windows - Review of St. Stephan's Church (Stephanskirche), Mainz, Germany - TripAdvisor. Web. 17 Dec.  2015 http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187393-d192295-r135659496-St_Stephan_s_Church_Stephanskirche-Mainz_Rhineland_Palatinate.html#photos

No comments:

Post a Comment