Thursday, December 17, 2015

Artifact 2

2. “Here is Paris France, or at least a painting I did of it, where I moved to after Vitebsk. I had been apprenticed under several scholars and artists in Russia, but I believed that I had to find my own way to explore art. A form of art called Cubism was very prominent when I moved to Paris. I had created my own art style and I kept with it, eventually modifying cubism and other art forms into it. My style of art was alien to France as a whole at the time. At first I was not recognized by painters, but by poets, who were very interested in my art because of it's uniqueness. I felt terribly homesick in France and therefor eventually moved back to Russia.”
"Marc Chagall - View of Paris." Marc Chagall. Web. 18 Dec. 2015.


No comments:

Post a Comment