Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Artifact 6

Valentina Vava <i>Brodsky</i> Chagall
6. “Here is a painting I created of my second wife, Valentine “Vava” Brodsky. Vava was introduced to me as a common house cleaner through my daughter Ida, one of the many positive things she did for me in my life. In 1952 we married and remained in Provence, France, where we settled into the town of Saint-Paul-de-Vence. Vava was the driving force behind many of my later works, especially the stained glass for many churches and cathedrals. She helped me further get over the death of Bella, and very much helped me begin painting and creating like myself again.”
"Find A Grave - Millions of Cemetery Records and Online Memorials."Find A Grave - Millions of Cemetery Records and Online Memorials. Web. 17 Dec. 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment